The weather is finally cooperating and it is time to get outdoors. Booking a walking tour is the perfect way to enjoy the sights of the city. Whether you are traveling abroad or just to the next big city, make sure you are prepared with some essential items that will help you make the most of your experience.
We pooled our thoughts and came up with some of our favorite must-have’s for a comfortable and fun walking tour.
7 Essentials for a Sightseeing Walking Tour
- Jacket – Depending on the weather, you’ll want to bring along a light-weight or medium-weight jacket. The jacket should have multiple pockets (great for holding a cellphone, keys, travel tissues, camera, money, etc) and should have a hood.
- Comfortable Shoes – Invest in a good pair of walking shoes, athletic sneakers or a pair of Swedish-made clogs. These type of footwear styles are built for those who will be doing a lot of walking and standing for hours. If your walking tour is several days, having options is important for your comfort.
- Sling Bag or Backpack – If you want to be hands-free during your tour, pack your necessities in a cross-body sling bag or light-weight backpack. Not too big and only bring the essentials you need to carry for that day.
- Refreshments – Depending on where you’re going and what you’ll be doing, you’ll want to take along 1-2 water bottles and a few small snacks. Staying hydrated while walking and in the sun is essential for your health!
- Sun Protection – If you’re going to be outside a lot, bring along a good sunscreen and a pair of sunglasses. If you have thinning hair or no hair at all, consider wearing a hat to protect your head from the sun.
- Medications – Depending on the length of your sightseeing tour, you may have to bring along any necessary medications along with you. It’s also a good idea to pack a fever reducer, pain reliever and headache medication, should you need it.
- Casual Comfortable Clothing – Keep your eye on the weather and dress accordingly for your walking tour. Lovely sun dresses, easy care slacks and light tops are perfect for walking about and sightseeing.
Get outside and enjoy the sights! Book a walking tour for your next get-away and don’t forget to pack your essentials! Need some wonderful walking shoes? Check out the clog sandals and regular clogs we have in the shop. You will find the perfect pair for your travels and day to day activities.