Clogs are an Investment: 5 Tips on How to Take Care of Them Properly
We know how much a good pair of clogs cost. We also understand that a good pair of clogs is an investment, that when taken care of, you will be able to enjoy for many years to come. Less expensive shoes are good for the short term. They wear out quickly or fall out of style in a few months. Quality clogs, such as Troentorp clogs, while a bit more expensive, have a timeless and classic style that will allow you to wear them with many styles and still look great.
Caring for your clogs the right way is key to long lasting wear. Here are some tips to help you.
5 Tips on How to Take Care for Clogs Properly
- When it comes to cleaning your footwear you don’t toss them into the washer unless they specifically state they are machine washable. The majority of the time you will ONLY want to spot clean them.
- Protect your investment by using leather conditioners and water repelling products every season. Get into the habit of caring for your footwear on a regular basis for longevity of wear.
- Short-Term Storage: Don’t shove them under the bed, throw them onto the floor of your closet and stack things on top of them. Worst yet, clogs should never be left in a steaming hot or freezing cold car! Invest in footwear organizers and store them properly.
- Long-Term Storage: Don’t store footwear in a hot attic or a damp basement! Extreme heat can cause cracking, crazing and melting of materials. The extreme cold can equally damage your footwear. To prevent fading, never store footwear in direct sunlight!
- Stay tuned to updated weather reports! If you know the weather is going to be sloppy wet, choose the right footwear for weather conditions. If they do accidentally get wet, air dry them (never toss them into a dryer) or use a hair dryer on the low-heat setting.
Good clogs are an investment. Use these tips to get the most out of your favorite shoes and clogs.
You must be logged in to post a comment.