College Fashion: How to Wear Your Clogs
Selecting a pair or several pairs of clogs as part of your fashion wardrobe while attending college just makes sense! Clogs are super comfortable to wear and will mix-n-match with many items in your wardrobe. They make for a sound investment and will last you for many years (often times your entire 4 years in school), if they’re properly taken care of.
Here are a few tips on how to incorporate your clogs into your college fashion.
- Select a pair of genuine leather clogs that are appropriate for the season. If you’re attending school in a colder climate area, select a pair that features a closed-toe and a closed-back. If you’re attending school in a warmer climate, an open-toe style with or without an ankle back-strap would be a great choice!
- They can be dressed up with a maxi dress or maxi skirt, tank dress, business suit or dressed down with your favorite pair of casual jeans, capris, shorts or dress slacks. They can be a workhorse in your footwear wardrobe.
- Select a comfortable heel! If you plan on walking miles on campus or climbing up & down a lot of stairs, go with a flatter heeled clog. If you’re extremely comfortable in walking in high-heels, then go for a more stacked-heel or chunky heeled look.
- Keep it classic! To get the most bang-for-your-buck, select a pair that is in a classic solid color like: black, chocolate brown, dark grey or navy blue. These colors can act as anchoring neutrals in your footwear wardrobe.
- Don’t forget to pack your clog sandals that can take you from spring into late fall. Perfect for pairing with dresses, shorts, and jeans. Plus you can add tights and leggings to extend the wearing season too!
Clogs are a wonderful addition to any college wardrobe and will become a fashion staple in your closet. Busy college students need to keep it simple and comfy with classic staples like clogs.