Common Footwear and Clog Questions Answered
We get a lot of questions about fashion and footwear, so we thought it would be great to share some of the more popular questions with you, along with our answers, of course.
Here are the top 5 common footwear and clog questions and answers for you!
- Does your handbag and footwear colors need to match? Back in the old days, that was the golden rule. However, you can wear whatever colors that you desire when it comes to footwear and handbags! Feel free to mix-n-match your colors, go matchy-matchy or just stay within the same color family. That’s entire up to you and your fashion taste.
- Do you have to wear socks or hosiery with your clogs? No, you do not! With that said, if you live in a cold area of the country, you may want to wear socks to help keep your feet warm. You can certainly wear your clogs barefoot if that’s what you desire.
- Can I wear clog-style boots in the summertime? Can I wear open-toe clogs during the winter season? The good thing about clogs is that they can be worn year-round, regardless of the style. Clog-style boots when worn during the summer months with a dress or skirt gives you today’s most trendy look! Plus wearing open-toe clogs to the office or special event during the winter is no different than wearing open-toe high-heel sandals! Plus, it’s a great way to show off your pedicure year-round.
- Are genuine leather clogs hard to care for? No, they’re not! You will want to avoid wearing them during sloppy wet and snowy weather to help them stay nice looking, longer. If you live in a part of the country that gets a lot of rain and/or snow, consider pre-treating your leather clogs with a water-repellent product. In addition, leather footwear should be treated 1-2 times a year with a good leather conditioner to help your shoes last!
- Do your clogs run true-to-size? Yes they do. If you wear a half size or love to wear chunky socks with your clogs, we do recommend sizing up or opt for a pair of adjustable clogs.
At Superior Clogs our styles and colors go great with any fashion! Because Troentorp uses genuine cow leather, maintaining them is simple. Simply use a good quality shoe polish on the leather, and mild soap and water to clean the wooden footbed.