Enjoy Your Clogs from One Season to the Next
If there is one good thing about wearing clogs it is that the styles rarely go out of fashion. New designs are released and new colors are added, but clogs don’t have an expiration date like some footwear does. What that means for you is that you can enjoy your clogs from season to season and still look on point and fashionable.
The key to wearing your clogs season to season is caring for them and protecting them from damage during storage.
Here are some tips on how you should properly store your footwear from one season to the next.
– Always store them in a cool and dry place in your home. Do not store in a super-hot attack or a damp & wet basement.
– Keep clothing and footwear stored out of direct sunlight. Over time, the sun can fade your colors or damage the fabrication.
– When storing your clogs from one season to the next, take some solid white tissue paper and smoosh it up into a ball. Use this tissue paper to stuff inside your shoes to help them hold their shape while in storage.
– Always clean your items and let them dry thoroughly before storing them. If they need any repair work done, get it completed before tucking them away for the season.
– Never toss footwear items onto one another on a shelf, in a storage bin or on the floor of your closet. By storing things on top of one another, you can cause the “uppers” to become mis-shapen over time.
– If you have genuine leather accessories that you’ll be storing, treat them with a good leather conditioner to keep them moisturized and looking nice.
You can find hundreds of different storage products out in the retail marketplace that are specifically made for footwear storage. If you can afford it, invest in quality pieces to help protect your fashion investment. By properly storing your shoes and clogs, you’ll help them to last longer which saves you money in the long run.
You must be logged in to post a comment.